It has been an amazing year for the Australian Twin Registry.
None of our achievements would have been possible without the wonderful support of our twin members. We share some of our 2012 highlights with you.
- With the help of members, the ATR supported 22 twin studies in 2012 looking at health issues from growing pains, bone health, cervical cancer and mental wellbeing.
- 15,390 twins around Australia have been invited to participate in studies.
- Nearly 3000 twins, their families and friends attended the biggest ever Australian Twins Plus Festival held in Melbourne in March. So successful was the event, planning is already underway for the next festival in 2014 – find out more here.
- To keep our members connected with the latest in twin research and issues, we launched Facebook, Twitter, and e-News. Already we have 2300 Facebook followers and we invite all of our members to join in and connect with us and each other.
- We look forward to sharing an even more exciting year with you in 2013!
None of our achievements would have been possible without the wonderful support of our twin members.