Twins Research Australia Travel Grant Scheme – Round 2, 2017
Round 2 of the 2017 Twins Research Australia (TRA) Travel Grant Scheme is open for application from August 1st.
The deadline for applications is August 29th, 2017.
This round will have a special focus on the TRA Twin Statistical Methodology and Analysis workshop and Madrid ISTS meeting.
The Twins Research Australia Travel Grant Scheme aims to encourage the growth and development of twin research in Australia, to benefit the whole population, by:
- Supporting the training and development of Australian researchers in the methodology and practice of studies involving twins by offering financial assistance to attend TRA workshops and events.
- Presenting and promoting TRA based twin research studies at scientific conferences.
Selection of successful candidates is based on the following criteria:
- The benefit to the researcher’s learning and career in research involving TRA twins.
- The benefit to TRA.
- How the research promotes the benefits of studies involving TRA twins to the broader research community.
- The availability of other funding sources to the recipient.
- Preference will be given to early career researchers.
Successful applicants are required to submit a Travel Report (to be published on the TRA website) detailing professional and personal gains from the funded travel and to provide evidence (copies of receipts) of travel incurred expenditure.
The Scheme awards partial funding for relevant travel to successful applicants within the range of $300 - $700. Previous recipients are welcome to apply again.
For further information, please see the following documents:
Dates to be advised for Round 1 of the 2018 Twins Research Australia (TRA) Travel Grant Scheme.