Parents of twins know only too well the mystique that surrounds them; but how many of you are aware of these twin facts?
Did you know that...?
- 40% of twins invent their own languages.
- Identical twins have different fingerprints.
- Twins can have completely different skin tone.
- Twins start interacting in the womb at 14 weeks.
- Identical twins can develop different diseases.
- It is possible for twins to have different dads.
- Once you have one set of non-identical twins, you are 3-4 times more likely to have another set.
- Nigeria has the highest rate of multiple births and the most identical twins.
- China has the lowest rate.
- Twins can have different birthdays (longest gap is 63 days).
- The 'Jim twins' were separated at birth but went on to lead identical lives.
- Mothers of twins live longer.