TRA’s Expert Reference Group brings a wide range of research, clinical, scientific and other skills and expertise to our services. It consists of at least ten, and no more than 20, members including the Director and Deputy Directors of Twins Research Australia.
The main objectives of the group are to:
- bring a wide range of research, clinical, scientific, and other skills and expertise to TRA to enhance its ability to facilitate and support current and future medical and scientific studies that involve the participation of twins and/or their relatives;
- promote use of TRA facilities by Australian researchers;
- promote the registration of volunteers with TRA;
- promote the use of the special characteristics of twins in medical and scientific studies;
- promote an informal network of Australian researchers interested in the use of the characteristics of twins in medical and scientific studies;
- provide mentoring to, and assist in the education and training of, Australian researchers wishing to use the special characteristics of twins in their medical and scientific studies;
- preview the applications of researchers, and provide recommendations to TRA, regarding use of the facilities.